Create impact, reduce inequalities, transform systems
Are you energised by digging into problems and challenging assumptions? Are you inspired by designing new solutions to big social challenges? Are you motivated by helping people transform the systems around them?
Working at Innovation Unit might be your next big adventure.
Innovation Unit’s mission
What's it like to work at IU?
Who works at IU?
Apply to work at Innovation Unit
Each role has a comprehensive application pack outlining IU’s mission, ways of working and detail on responsibilities and expected competencies.
Not every application process is the same – so check the requirements carefully before applying. Please let us know if you need a different format or any other adjustment. We will do our best to help.
We will also ask you to complete our optional, anonymous diversity survey to help us understand who is expressing interest in the roles.
Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming we have received your application. Due to high volumes of applicants, we will only get in touch if you have been selected for interview. We won’t offer personal feedback at this stage.
As part of our commitment to EDI, our process is anonymised until you reach interview – unless, of course, you are asked to submit examples or a portfolio of work which identifies you.
And as we work with children and vulnerable adults, we operate a Safer Recruitment policy which means employment offers will be made on the condition of a DBS check and two references.
Jobs at Innovation Unit
We have a strong team ethos where we combine our skills and experiences to create the biggest impact.
- Principal Innovation Consultants and Directors lead our largest, most complex projects, managing multiple budgets over £600k and teams of more than seven people.
- Senior Innovation Consultants lead significant projects and work as part of the team on larger projects, also managing partners, budgets up to £200k and teams of around three to seven people.
- Innovation Consultants lead small to medium projects and work as part of the team on large projects, also managing partners, budgets up to £50k and teams of around two to five people.
- Senior Associates and Associates work across IU’s projects where they lead on or contribute to strands of work based on their specific strengths, knowledge and expertise.
- Heads of Service Design lead and contribute to large projects, designing and embedding new solutions, also leading the development of our practice and people in service design.
- Senior Service Designers work in project teams, leading projects and a small team as well as undertaking research, prototyping and co-design.
- Service Designers work in project teams, leading elements of projects as well as undertaking research, prototyping and co-design.
- Our Board of Trustees bring diverse experience and skills to support and challenge IU to greater success.
When there are vacancies at Innovation Unit, you can find them on this page.