Job details | DEADLINE: 26/02/2024 9:00 am
We are looking for a new Service Designer to join the Innovation Unit team, to keep transforming systems and reducing inequalities
You will work as part of a project team across our high-impact, innovation consultancy. The Service Design role at the Innovation Unit has room for growth. Your starting salary and responsibilities will flex, based on your experience.
The role includes:
- Leading elements of projects and supporting project delivery
- Managing, coordinating and facilitating a number of project-related activities such as research, prototyping and co-design
- Developing high quality project outputs ranging from workshop materials to reports
- Developing Innovation Unit (IU) service design capability and supporting business development
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with potential and current clients whilst working closely with other IU team members
1. Design-Led research
- Desk based research and analysis
- Recruiting participants and using research techniques such as ethnography
- Reporting and synthesis of research
- Management of research archiving and data protection
2. Design, development and delivery of workshops and sessions with clients and service users
- Leading the development and production of workshop materials
- Communicating with clients
- Leading, organising, preparing for and facilitating creative, group-based activities and discussions involving clients and project stakeholders
3. Development of high quality project outputs
- Working closely with Innovation Consultants and other team members to plan and deliver high quality designs for outputs of all kinds within projects
- Identifying and highlighting opportunities for design to contribute to the delivery of project outcome
4. Project coordination, effectiveness and productivity
- Ensuring that the strands of work you are responsible for are delivered to time and budget
- Managing your time effectively, including inputting your utilisation and future delivery assumptions regularly to Innovation Unit’s management system
5. Business Development
- Working closely with the business development team to identify, cultivate and pursue emerging business development opportunities
- Contributing to Innovation Unit’s business development activity as required and on ad-hoc basis.
- Networking and forming relationships with potential clients.
- Undertaking background research and pitch writing, including idea generation and the creation of new offers and proposals.
- Representing the organisation and the project at conferences and meetings.
6. Development of the Service Design Practice
- Contributing to the setting and maintenance of high standards of design-led processes and outputs.
- Developing and championing design thinking, design-led processes and creative approaches to research and problem-solving.
Deadline for applications: 26/02/2024 9:00 am