Junior Graphic Designer Associate
Job details | DEADLINE: 09/09/2022 12:00 am
Innovation Unit is growing, so we are looking to expand our talent pool of Graphic Design Associates who are keen to use their design skills to work on complex, large-scale social change programmes, on a freelance basis.
Our Graphic Design Associates bring a range of competencies and expertise to the table and have different strengths across the various skills such as brand development, visualising new designs and systems model, creating new tools and frameworks, animation and illustration.
For the role of Junior Graphic Design Associate, we are looking for someone who can work alongside our in-house designer who can support us to visualise new system models and tools that will support our work to create social change.
We will be focusing on your portfolio during the application stages and how well it matches our requirements for the role. Experience and technical skills will be considered as complimentary but these requirements are not fixed.
This is an exciting starter role for a graphic design graduate looking to gain experience in the non-profit and consultancy sector. You will be working across a range of different projects with different demographics. Alongside this role we also offer mentorship and feedback from our in-house designer to help you grow as a designer in your first role.
- Supporting the in-house graphic designer to create engaging, appropriate and inspiring design for a range of sectors.
- Taking complex information and concepts and making them accessible through strong use of design principles, colour theory and investigative conversations.
- Designing or enhancing existing Google documents to strengthen bids, engage clients and create positive, open relationships with people working with Innovation Unit.
- Creating diagrams, system maps and models for projects with supervision from the in-house designer.
- Creating tools that are user friendly, accessible and person centered.
- Updating old content to reflect the current brand guidelines.
- Assist on creative rollout.
- Creating social media assets – graphics, banners, GIFS etc.
- Artworking: Creating design assets in line with brand guidelines/ Campaign roll-out work and adapting existing artwork, social media creative assets, and presentation decks.
- Researches and develops design ideas and concepts.
- Person specification
- We are looking for people who can work flexibly and creatively and who are excited to design for and make a difference to public and sector organisations and tackle inequalities.
- We are actively seeking diversity of experience, including lived experience of our areas of work within our staff team as we know that this enriches our work. We would welcome someone bringing fresh energy and insight to Innovation Unit, challenging the organisation to work differently.
- Confident to brainstorm and work creatively with non creative colleagues to come up with innovative design solutions.
- Ability to present ideas, moodboards and final products to members of our team.
- Happy to act as a supporting member of the wider graphic design teamInterest in wider design world and current trends.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and adapt their ideas to clients and colleagues feedback.
- Understanding of ensuring visual accessibility within Graphic Design We welcome people from all sector backgrounds.
- 0 – 1 years experience as a junior graphic designer, graphic design intern or junior creative artworker. Graduates welcome.
- A degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or creative field (preferred).
- A portfolio that demonstrates :
- Evidence of your creative visual skills.
- Strong typesetting skills.
- Your ability to design in a way that is inclusive.
- At least one example of a diagram or an output showing an ability to condense complex information/data into an accessible format.
- Ability to develop new brands that capture the values of new services or approaches.
- Ability to listen to feedback and respond to it.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in graphic design.
- Adobe InDesign.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Illustrator.
- High quality Powerpoint or Google slides design skills.
- Artworking (generating new designs from existing ones/adjusting content etc.)
- Basic photo-retouching.
Deadline for applications: 09/09/2022 12:00 am