Business and operations manager (UK)
Job details | DEADLINE: 21/03/2022 10:00 am
Our growth has created an exciting opportunity for a Business & Operations Manager to join our team. This role is broad and multi-dimensional. You will become our “go to” person for the day to day functioning of all aspects of our organisation.
The role includes:
People & HR Support
- Managing the life cycle of an IU member of staff from onboarding through to offboarding including the induction process of new joiners to ensure a smooth transition into the organisation
- Managing the set up and processing of staff information in the Project Management System (Kimble) including holiday and absence records.
- Assisting with training to ensure staff are all up to date on operational systems, policies and procedures.
- Supporting with monthly period closure in our Project Management System.
- Managing the off-boarding process for staff.
- Assisting in planning company events, meetings, lunches, employee team building activities and special projects.
IT & Systems
- Acting as key point of contact with IT provider, supporting with staff queries including request for new user emails accounts and provision of new equipment for staff.
- Supporting reorganisation of the Google Drive storage system.
- Managing all office services suppliers, reviewing and recommending new suppliers where appropriate to ensure value for money.
- Setting up and supporting staff in using online collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom.
- Overseeing the management of all online organisational accounts including domains, noting renewal dates and payment details.
- Managing the organisation’s general ‘contact@’ inbox and dealing with queries and accounts linked to that email address.
Onsite and Virtual Office Management
- Acting as main contact between serviced office provider and the organisation; requesting staff passes, overseeing our meeting room bookings usage and communicating key changes of protocols to staff.
- Liaising with staff to maintain the office to make it a welcoming space.
- Managing all office facilities including mail, couriers, photocopier and phones.
- Overseeing the budget for new office equipment and consumables.
- Acting as the go-to person for all office related queries from staff.
- Supporting staff not based in London to ensure they have access to the working space they need.
- Managing the use of the company credit card, ensuring new card details are allocated to all of our supplier accounts.
- Liaising with staff to ensure timely reconciliation of the company credit purchases for the finance department.
- Reconciling any purchases made on the company credit card and ensure invoices and details are uploaded into the relevant folders in the Drive for the finance department.
- Liaising with finance department on any anomalies with credit card payments i.e. missing invoices.
- Overseeing the implementation of our health & safety policy both on site and virtually, supporting with safeguarding training and carrying out DBS checks
- Supporting the implementation of changes in our policies and procedures.
For more information about the role, download the application pack. Find out about working for IU.
Deadline for applications: 21/03/2022 10:00 am