Founded by Innovation Unit, School Design Lab is a non-profit, mission-led enterprise that is committed to designing extraordinary learning.
School Design Lab designs in 6 stages:
- Creating design teams - a core team with energy and power with a parallel student/learner design team made up of current and past students
- Setting up a local lab - to get the work done e.g. 'School Design Lab York', made up of two local design teams, plus experts from the central School Design Lab
- Entering 'Insight and Immersion' - where teams and key stakeholders learn. The focus on near; local need, capacity, impact and student needs, and far; making sense of trends, practice from around the world, cutting edge research
- Pinning down a vision - something the everyone can get behind, that will drive the design
- Creating a blueprint - setting out the elements of the new design
- Adding detail - bringing in experts to work on elements such as enabling technology, curriculum design, new forms of assessment and spaces for extraordinary learning
If you're interested in School Design Lab, visit the website here.